For the past year I’ve been working on a very special project. It’s called Behind The Telescopes, and it will hit theatres this month. It took blood, sweat and tears (of joy) to make this project and I really hope that everyone will get a chance to see it.
Behind The Telescopes is a 60-minute animated film, that will be screened with live music by the amazing Dutch harpist Lavinia Meijer. All the music has been written especially for the animations and vice versa. Sounddesigner Arthur Antoine will join us on stage, to add live soundeffects and more. This is a true 1+1=3 experience, where the music makes the images shine even more, and where the images make the music more intense. It’s a unique event and I am very proud to be a part of this.
We kick off on October 29th at the Leids Filmfestival, and we’ll return on stage the next day to close the infamous KLIK! Animation Festival Amsterdam, at the amazing EYE institute. All the dates can be found here:
– 29 October: Leiden Internation Film Festival, Stadsgehoorzaal
– 30 October: Klik! International Animation Festival, Eye Film Institute, Amsterdam
– 6 November: Big Bang Festival, Palais des Beaux-Arts, Brussels
– 11 December: Lantaren/Venster, Rotterdam
– 20 January: Theaters Tilburg (Artist in Residence)
– 7 February: Parkstad Limburg Theaters (Artist in Residence)
– 2 April: CCXL Vlissingen
– 9 April: World Minimal Music Festival, Muziekgebouw a/h IJ, Amsterdam
– 14 Mayi: Schouwburg Cuijk
More to be announced. Get your tickets now! Here’s the trailer once again 🙂